We organise environmental conservation programmes to involve youth in conservation activities,organising workshops,
conferences and seminars to sensitize more about their need to conserve and protect the environment. We also provide training programmes for self sustaining skills to create proper economical options for youth communities that will hinder them from going back to destroying activities such as encroaching wetlands, brick laying and charcoal burning.
Providing every person with opportunities to acquire the knowledge values, attitude, commitment and skills needed to
protect and conserve the
Empowering and facilitating
youth with self sustaining skills
which enables them to ght
poverty and unemployement
without destroying the
AGRICULTURE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Organising farmers in rural
areas with the purpose of
equipping them with
advanced knowledge and
technical know how about on
how to develop a competitive
Environmental conservation is a responsibility of the whole society and an obligation of every citizen, it must be conducted consistently on basis of clear accountability of all stakeholders. Green Loop believes in involving the young population in environmental conservation activities with an aim of developing a culture of environmental conservation among them. Environmental conservation is vital to us all and the strategies used are indispensable components of socio – economic development. It must facilitate sustainable development to meet the demands of current generations while preserving potentials and opportunities for future generations. As the organization we believe that an investment in environmental conservation is an investment to sustainable development.
1. FOREST CONSERVATION.
Forests play the vital role for the environmental conservation. We have launched various programmes for the conservation of forests, Environment in the hands of the youth is one of our popular programmes which has been used to protect
land, water and other components of environment.
We involve young people in our afforestation programmes with an aim of creating more awareness about their need to
conserve and protect the environment.
2. SOIL CONSERVATION.
This is an important work in environmental conservation, As we continue to advocate for the control of Land slides,
floods and soil erosion in the mountainous areas of Uganda we are also emphasizing tree plantation, agro forestry and
minimizing the use of chemicals in agricultural practices.
We also believe that there is a need to empower our people with hands on skills on how to boost soil fertility with
3. WASTE MANAGEMENT.
We have continued to launch various projects aimed at empowering youth communities with proper waste management skills that enables them earn a living while they are manage waste in their communities.
Among our ongoing project is the turning waste materials into biogas, turning plastic into tiles, and turning plastic into
diesel. We believe that with proper training our communities will be able to adopt better practices and minimize the use
of plastic in their day-to-day activities.
1. Supporting social groups and individuals to acquire a set of values for environmental protection and providing every person with opportunities to acquire the knowledge values, attitude, commitment and skills needed to conserve
and protect the environment.
2. Providing skills that helps the concerned individuals in identifying and solving environment problems to protect and enhance forest cover and the national heritage in state forestry.
3. Creating awareness about environment problems among people, encouraging afforestation and the restoration of degraded land in the wider countryside.
4. Support various efforts in designing, dissemination and implementation of education and training programs and materials (with and for communities) regarding community education and support which can be used by the local
communities as a tool for mobilization towards better development and living standard.
5. Conducting research and disseminating research findings on climate change
The lives of million of Ugandan youth are marred by poverty, inadequate education and skills, inadequate work/employment opportunities, exploitation, diseases, civil unrest and gender discrimination. The environment they live in
brings both new possibilities and new risks that under mine the traditional social support that helps them for, negotiate and explore opportunities and demand of their passage to adulthood. Given this situation, Green loop organization’s investment in youth is not only a social obligation but also rewarding in economic sense, this is because the youth are the country’s most valuable asset, they are an integral component of the development process, and they provide for and safeguard the future of Uganda. We committed, and we will continue to make concerted efforts to plan, implement, monitor, evaluate activities of the
youth; with the youth themselves in line with environmental conservation and agriculture development.
1. TALENT DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT.
Our organization organizes yearly talent discovery and development programmes among school going children and youth. These programmes invite schools to present each year to compete in various games such as Football,
Netball, volley ball. Music, Dance and Drama. We do this in order to sport young talents and develop them.
2. COUNSEL ING AND GUIDANCE.
We organize counselling programmes to children and youth in many communities from the age range of 15 – 20 of both genders. We have also been partnering with individual counsellors to ensure that these programmes reach the
grassroot, among the activities is the teaching youth the dangers of early marriages, dropping out school, use of drugs and HIV/AIDS.
3. SELF-SUSTAINING SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMMES.
Green loop organization provides free training programmes in self-sustaining skills to empower young people such as weaving local mats and baskets, art and craft, wood curving and paper Beeding. We also provide value addition training programmes such as wine, yoghurt and juice making, chilli oil, tomato source, jam making and many more to enable them to become self-reliant citizens.
1. Nurturing of business prospects and preparing youth for the dynamic demand of the society.
2. Grassroot environmental coservation campaigns.
3. Establishing Ecological agriculture income generating skills for the rural youth communities.
4. Facilitating youth`s acess toaffordable financing from both locally and global financiers for the purposes of expanding their capacity in environmental conservation projects